Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a custom sorting properties in Qlik Sense Extension?

Hi,

I need to create a sorting properties for ordering my list of layers, in a map custom plugin. How to create this list? Have a example?

8 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi, I unfortunately do not fully get it. Do you have a mockup or can you ellaborate a bit?

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

I have a GeoServer that provides me several layers of content, using Leaflet, inside a QlikSense plugin.

I can arrange layers up and down in the code, but it would be nicer to have a menu for change that and save the last state of the layers.

So, i would like to create a drag and drop menu (in properties menu), like the default sort.

I didn't found any documentation on this, so i appreciate an example code for it.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

I think I have good news for you, we are about to publish something in Qlik Sense 2.2 which is probably what you are describing. Follow the changes regarding which components can be used in Qlik Sense visualization extensions.

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Do you have a date for publish this changes?

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Yes, this quarter ... 😉

Sorry, cannot provide a more detailed date.

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

So if i understand correctly, there are no way of doing what i need in the current version 2.1? Doesn't exist any workaround?

Do you know any QlikSense extension in QlikBranch (or anywhere else) that have customized the order menu, or created a new drag and drop menu? This would be helpfull.

Tnks in advance.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi, have a look at https://github.com/erikwett/qsVariable

The API this visualization extension is using is not documented (getting that list in the property panel) but actually already there fore quite some while. So you can use it, but it is not officially supported. The latter will change with Qlik Sense 2.2.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Now that 2.2 is released do you have an example of implementing Alternative dimensions/measures in an extension you can share?

Do you also now if it's possible to make extension render to image, pdf, and be exported to PowerPoint in stories?