Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression differences between Qlikview & Qliksense (#1)

In Qlikview I could create a text box and enter the formula:  sum(if(data_dt = max(data_dt), sales)) to get the sum of sales for the max date.  When entering this formula in Qliksense I get an error, though don't know why.  Is there a different formula definition?  Is it ALL set analysis?

Thanks!   Dan

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

‌I guess what object are your trying to do it in?

Not applicable
Author

The "KPI" object.

sunny_talwar

‌that is strange... I would expect a text box expression to work in Qlik Sense's object. would you be able to share a sample where it isn't working?

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

1. in your if condition put in else part 0, as it you are taking sum() where if condition move to else part may causing the problem.. try this =sum(if(data_dt = max(data_dt), sales,0)).

2.also in your expression will work for a selection only right, when nothing selected and as u are written this in text box, the value of data_dt inside if for first statement will be what? eg if it is a column having 10 values which value it should be. check that..

Not applicable
Author

It likes the code like this:

if(DATA_DT = Max(DATA_DT), Sum(Sub_Count),0)

However, to your 2nd point, the value is 0 unless there is a DATA_DT selected in a filter.  I want this page to be static, and NOT use filters.   So for all the measures, I want them to represent the max(DATA_DT).  I can't get this to work.  I created a variable in the script:  Let vMaxDataDt = Max(DATA_DT).  I'm not sure how to validate that this variable is "good".  I tried using it in the formula above, replacing the "Max(DATA_DT", and it didn't like it.  Any thoughts?

sunny_talwar

May be you are looking for this:

Sum(If(DATA_DT = Max(DATA_DT), Sub_Count))

Or

Sum({<DATA_DT = {"$(=Date(Max(DATA_DT)), 'YourDateFieldFormatHere)"}>} Sub_Count)

This should give you the max date sum for Sub_Count. This will change based on your selection. If you don't want it to change based on any selection Then make this small change:

Sum({<DATA_DT = {"$(=Date(Max({1}DATA_DT)), 'YourDateFieldFormatHere)"}>} Sub_Count)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestions, Sunny.  Unfortunately it is still not working.  I used the last expression you gave...the editor says the formula is "OK", but I'm still getting a value of 0 in the KPI object.  Anything else I should be looking at or try?

sunny_talwar

Is DATA_DT a date field or timestamp field?

Not applicable
Author

It is a date field.