Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help required with custom expression

Hello Team,

I am new to Qlik Sense and would like to seek some directions on custom expressions.

I am looking to perform a logic behind column "Total %" enclosed in the document. Below is logic, MOM/SUM(MOM).

Please help me with the custom expression to achieve the above logic. It sounds simple but I am not able to do it in QS.

Also, do we have a OVER function in QS. I searched online but I didn't found any. I mean I want to get a particular Player value, how do I do that. For ex: I want to SUM the value of MOM Over Team.

Your help is very much appreciated.

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

=Sum( MOM ) / Sum( TOTAL MOM)

the TOTAL qualifier will let QS aggregate across all dimensions.

I haven't fully understood your other request, but maybe you can use set analysis to query a specific player's value:

=Sum( {<Player = {'Sachin'}>} MOM)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Try using TOTAL in the denominator, it ignores the dimensions so you will get overall total

=Sum( MOM ) / Sum( TOTAL MOM)

If you want MOM by team then use below expression

=Sum( MOM ) / Sum( TOTAL <Team> MOM)

Regadrs,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

It works. Thanks much!

Not applicable
Author

It works. Thanks much!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

If you got the answer please close this thread by giving correct answer to the post which helps you in getting the answer.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jagan,

Sure. I am not sure how to close the thread. can you guide me please. Thanks.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Like you have given the Helpful Answer the same way give Correct Answer to the post.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jagan,

I am sorry, I am not able to find Correct Answer option, I got Helpful Answer from Actions, all I can see under Actions is nothing. Will do if I figure out.