Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

How to use an expression as a label in a table(exp : =Only(Year))

Hello everyone, I'm trying to set an expression as a label, but it qliksense keeps on reading it as a string.

here the details:

Capture.PNG

As a label like shown in the image, I've put =Only(Year), when I select 2011 to filter with, 2011 should appear as the label of the column, but what I have here is =Only(Year) as if Sense keeps on seing it as a string.

ps: I havn't found this problem with QlikView.

Hope you're be willing to help

Greetings,

12 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There is no 'fx' on the R.H.S of the box you are entering the expression, that means - expression is not expected there- only string.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Omar,

The input box in which you put in the function does not execute the expression as its interpreted as a string.

OmarBenSalem
Author

Yes, I noticed that. My question is, how to do it differently? When I select the year (2011) to filter with, I want it to appear as the label of the column, in the qlikview this is how I do it:

Capture.PNG

How to do it with the QlikSense?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

At the moment that's an annoying gap in Sense functionality that I hope they are addressing.

I need to localise labels and currently there are gaps in content that can be localised.

OmarBenSalem
Author

So, if understand. It still not possible to do what it with sense?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Omar,

Yes , this is not available yet, but  should be available soon.

OmarBenSalem
Author

Thank you Reddy,

Is there any alternative to have this outcome?

Capture.PNG

Instead of this?

Capture.PNG

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Omar,

The only outcome I can think of is building an extension. I am sure you achieve it by building one.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You could try a pivot table with an additional year dimension and then drag it to the top.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D