Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can two persons view same Qlikview Reports

Hi,

I have the idea about creating qlikview reports on local computer. However, I am a bit confused about the reports that can be seen by two users. I want to created reports for customers, which could be seen and used by them, and two different developers from different machines can work on it when required. Which Qlikview components should i have in order to get this job done, and how can i achieve this.l I am totally new to Qlikview, and only know about QV basic reports development

Arif

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure about your question.

2 or more developpers can work on the same document but :

- The last developper who save the Qvw file wins

- It is not possible to reload the same document from different machines at the same time.

If you want users to be able to work on same scripts at the same time, or part of scripts, you can write the script in different Txt file and use an include feature in Qlikview qvw files...

Hopt this helps.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Only one developer will be working on it at one time. However, Is it possible that two people can use this report at one time. The reports will be on server, and customer will be using the QV clients to execute those reports.

My second question would be

Can my customer use any browser to execute those reports, or is it necessary for them to have QV installed on their machines

Arif

kaushalview
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

First u go through QVserver.PDF file ,after that u can try below method

First Method

Use Access Point to view same Qlikview Report By two Person

Second Method

Use QVP(QlikView Protocal) to View Same Qlikview Report By Two person

maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Arif

IE 6 or higher is preferable for Qv, U just need to install QV plugin on local machin and use the QV server to access the qv applications.

another way.

If u dont have qv server, then copy the application on local machin where u want. And install qv analyzer on that machine to open and view the applivcation.

Good luck

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arif,

You can View the Qlikview application on different systems by using two ways

A] You can use Qlikview Access Point

B] You can use the given url in IE qvp://ServerIP/MountedFolderName/AppName

Example qvp://10.10.10.10/MontedApp/Abc.qvw

Also, at a time only one Developer can work on one Qlikview application on Single System

suniljain
Master
Master

if you donot have qlikview server and if you want to send report developed by 2 user . you can create PDF with the help of QVPDFCreator and send pdf to custmer to whom you want to give details.