Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Plot with Dates

I am starting to suspect that I cannot use dates in the X (or y) axis on a scatter plot. It looks like Qlikview is expecting it to be an integer.

Is this true and if not how is this possible?

I am currently working around the issue by tagging my data points with a numeric representation of the date value and then using that in the axis.

When I attempt to use the actual date it is not reacting as I would like.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think it should work, if your dates are interpreted as such, i.e. they show a numeric representation (dual values).

What do you see if you are using dates (what is the issue you see)?

Not applicable
Author

That's what I thought it should do . However when I attempt to use the dates directly the x axis goes to various years and drops my data points into one spot.

My data points are for several hours across a few day span but for some reason the axis defaults to years.

Thinking there may be something I can change in the properties to get this to work right but not sure what it is.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I remember I ran into this issues as well some time ago. I think I've handled this by setting the static min / max on axes tab (you can use expressions for static min / max to keep it dynamic to your data range).

MarcoWedel

Hi,

to change the default behaviour from

QlikCommunity_Thread_199458_Pic4.JPG

to

QlikCommunity_Thread_199458_Pic1.JPG

you can also deselect the "forced 0" option of the x-Axis and set the number format to timestamp:

QlikCommunity_Thread_199458_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_199458_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco