Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why input boxes values get flushed after server reload

Hello Qlik community

I am facing a problem which no expert has managed to solve so far.

I have created a qlikview application which holds input boxes.

A lot of outputs such as graphs and equations depend of these values.

The application is hosted on a server and available through an access point.

Everything was working fine until I programmed a daily reload of the application from the server.

Each time the application is reloaded, the input boxes values get "flushed". I do not know how to express this better but basically the values still appear (although all units are gone), but are not recognized by the application.

As a result, most of the output graphs and results show nothing. Each cell of the input box has to be clicked in and the value validated by pressing enter. This is a real inconvenient for our users and no one has been able to find any solution so far.

I need this reload just for a few parameters from the application which are updated directly from a URL. I could work around this problem with a partial reload but we do not have the Publisher license, and I'm not expert enough to create a partial reload from an external task as I found in a few posts.

See attached screen shots which illustrate my problem.

Any suggestion regarding this problem or assistance on the partial reload would be most welcome.

Rémi

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So in the end, the way around was indeed to generate a reload via a run command from the server. This works just fine. In consequence, I've stopped using the server reload, not practical at all anyway.

If anyone encounters the same issue, know that Qliktech has acknowledged the problem, but will not issue a corrective patch as apparently this particular problem is very marginal.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you say 'validated by pressing enter', does this step include adding the units? Or do the units reappear by just pressing enter? Do variable changes by the user survive a reload (except that she needs to 'validate' again)?

And how have you initially defined the variables? Within the script or variable overview?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl

The units appear just after pressing enter. Variable aren't set in the script as they need to be updated by the users. They remain as they were set during the last save of the application but the server reload "unvalidate" them. Can't find a better word.

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys

Would anyone have a clue about this problem?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

So in the end, the way around was indeed to generate a reload via a run command from the server. This works just fine. In consequence, I've stopped using the server reload, not practical at all anyway.

If anyone encounters the same issue, know that Qliktech has acknowledged the problem, but will not issue a corrective patch as apparently this particular problem is very marginal.

Not applicable
Author

I am quite intrigue by this, especially on why it removed the input value partially (unit is removed but value is kept).

Any chance you can share the QVW please?

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello Elly

Unfortunately this is confidential data and I won't be able to share the file.