Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generic questions on QlikSense

Hello All,

I am new to Qlik Sense and have experience with Tibco Spotfire. I tried to implement some functionalities similar to Spotfire however was unsuccessful in meeting the expected results. Below are few (for now),

1) Like Spotfire, I implemented TRP Filters (drop down) so that user can filter the data in different visualizations. I am half way thru it, I am not sure how to reset the filters back to default values or 'All' option (I don't see this option in any of the filters).

2) How to change the font of the columns header (rows, columns, measures) of Pivot visualization.

3) Also, like Spotfire, how can I have a custom buttons on top of filters to reset or to have a button which unmark the selection in visualizations.

4) Very important one: Like Spotfire, how do we create calculated columns, if answer is Master items then how do we use Master items across different tables fields.

For ex: Table A has a, b, c columns

Table B has d, e, f columns

Lets say, I have created a master item with some custom expression using columns of Table A i.e. sum(A)/sum(B) and named this item as "CalColumn".

Now, how do I use  "CalColumn" column in Table B i.e. CalColumn/Sum(D). I don't get CalColumn under columns list where Table option has All.

I understand, Spotfire also cannot list this "CalColumn" however, it can be implemented like (Table A.CalColumn)/Sum(D). Is this doable in Qlik Sense.

Your input/suggestions are very important and I appreciate your time and support.

That's it for now, i'll keep posting my generic questions to this post to review all at once.

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌1) you can either put a button on the page to reset all filters or create a bookmark with your default filter configuration in then if userwhant to return to that state they just selectthee appropriate bookmark.

2) formatting of fonts is not possible in desktop but in server you can apply themes to the dashboard.

3) you don't need buttons just click on theselections sectionsat the top of the screen to clearindividual filters.

4) you can use master items to create calculaEdt dmesons or measures if your aim is to reuse it across multiple visualisations.  You cannot use master items currently in expressions so you will have to replicate them in full when you need them to integrate with other fields.

HOpe this helps

ANdy

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kishore,

Just adding to what Andy mentioned:

- You can even have a drill drown master item as a filter. This will act as a drill down filter.

- You can achieve all kinds of complex calculations and there are may ways to achieve these. So there is very minute chance of not being able to do some thing.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy for your response. Please see my comments below,

1) you can either put a button on the page to reset all filters or create a bookmark with your default filter configuration in then if user wants to return to that state they just select the appropriate bookmark. - I am not sure how to add a button and can you provide some steps to achieve a reset all filters functionality. Didn't answered about having All option. Please let me know your comments.

2) formatting of fonts is not possible in desktop but in server you can apply themes to the dashboard. - Can you provide a link to where I can know more about themes.

3) you don't need buttons just click on theselections sectionsat the top of the screen to clearindividual filters. - I agree but click of one button should take care of clearing the things. That's the intension. Let me know if you have a way.

4) you can use master items to create calculaEdt dmesons or measures if your aim is to reuse it across multiple visualisations.  You cannot use master items currently in expressions so you will have to replicate them in full when you need them to integrate with other fields. - You are right, QS is not allowing master items in expressions. I tried to replicate the full logic but then having tough time to achieve a expression something like this Max(Count(A)). Error pops up that nested aggregation is not allowed. Very restrictive.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Theme example but this is on server edition not desktop.

More Qlik Sense Themes