Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set up cluster environment

Hi All,

I am running Qlikview 9.0 SR4, I have to setup cluster environment(two Qlikview servers for load balancing).

Can anybody answer my questions

1.Is there any special license required to get cluster tab inside Qlikview server setting ?

While going through QEMC -->system-->Qlikview server,I didn't find "Cluster Tab" either on PROD or DEV.

2.Do I need to configure any xml to get this , if yes then what are those.

3.Is there anything to configure in Qlikview web server setting (QEMC-->system -->Qlikview Web server).

or

give me the steps to get it done.

thanks in advance

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would check with your account manager and make sure your license is setup correctly to allow clustering. This could be the reason for it not showing.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Santosh

Yes you need a specific license to allow clustering. If you don't have that you can only use different server separate without the load balancing.

The things you need to configure all most (all I think for v 9) in the QEMC, the installation documentation have an excellent section about this under QVS -> Cluster.

The only thing you need to do in the web server is to point it to the cluster after you have created it, see the manual.