Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional display of linear guage based on value of another column

I have a column that uses a linear guage. It contains percentage data in most rows but in some rows there is finance data which is not a percenatge.

There is another column called 'indicator' which sometimes includes the value 'finance' and I want the guage to be visible only where the value of this field is not finance.

Could anyone advise how I might do this?

Thanks
Leslie

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Leslie,

Go to the chart properties (right click on the chart), Layout tab, Show Conditional and set something like

Field = 'Value'

Whenever that field has the value 'Value' (and only that value) the chart will be displayed. If that "Finance" is the result of an expression, then set the expression in the conditional instead of the above.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel, but I want to only prevent one particular column from being displayed where the value of the column called indicator= 'Finance'.

The layout tab appears to act on the whole chart. Is there a way to prevent anything appearing in the particular row and column depending on the value of 'indicator' in that row?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you are using a straight table, then yes, in the chart properties, Presentation tab you have a "Conditional" for each column being displayed. If you are using a pivot table, then use some conditional to show the value or nothing depending on the case. A very basic example without knowing about your data model, assuming "Field" is a dimension in your would be

Sum({< Field -= {'Finance'} >} Sales)

If "Finance" is the result of an expression labeled as "Indicator", then

Sum(If([Indicator] <> 'Finance', Sales)) or If([Indicator] = 'Finance', null(), Sum(Sales))

Depending on what you want to show.

Hope this helps