Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Command line arguments in qlickview

How to pass the db connection as commandline argument to QV file.

/*********************************/

"D:\CLICKVIEW\QlikView\Qv.exe" /l /vvar1=D:\cust_rep_1d.swt D:\qlickview\Copy of rpt_datafile1.qvw

This above line of code wrks for me... Its a .bat file code..

BUT if i have to promt the user for i/p and accept that params then?

The below written code is not wrking for me... can anyone plz help.

@echo off

echo "database connection"
set /p DBNAME=

echo %UserName% %PassWord%
"D:\CLICKVIEW\QlikView\Qv.exe" /l /v var1= %DBNAME D:\qlickview\Copy of rpt_datafile1.qvw

Thanks,

Prajakta

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I will suggest you to create a new application with section access using NTNAME and the administrator as the only user, pulling all data from your sources and storing them into QVD files. Then the second file with section access may be reloaded quick by the user (if he is allowed to reload).

Among other things, this is one of the features QlikView Server has.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

I'm doing that in all the applications i have in production, but the problem is when i write in production this command line:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /vvCreatePDF=1 /vUSERID=USER /vPASSWORD=USER345 /NoSecurity E:\Produccion\Admisiones_Reporte_ConSA.qvw

In the test server it works perfect because i log in with my user in the AD. But in the server production the administrator logins and write this in the cmd. Do you understand??

Thanks!!