Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart values hidden by other lines

Hi

I have a line chart graph where the lines run on top of other lines as the values are so close. We need a way to  have the lines not overlap as much so you can see each line. This varies a lot between client as some may have values on the line chart running within 100000 of each other, in other case this may be in the millions.

I have tried different line styles and colors already, so this does not seem to be the solution. I have also taken out the forced 0 out  As seen in the example this is that I cannot separate the lines. Probably something with the scaling would work. Note though that for some values may sun in millions in other cases it could be in thousands

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am really stuck on this one, have deleted and recreated various times and still I am not getting the same effect as on Rob's example My static min is

RangeMin( Min({<MonthName = ,AccountType = {P},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>} aggr (Sum({<MonthName = ,AccountType = {P},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation), FinancialYear, MonthName))

,Min({<MonthName = ,AccountType = {P},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>} aggr(Sum({<MonthName = ,AccountType = {P},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>}BudgetDistribution), FinancialYear, MonthName)))

and the Max is exatly the same except for Min in Replaced by Max. The data on the line chart is correct but somehow it's just not splitting the lines

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Static Step of "1" makes the scale integers, instead of 135.5.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you upload a sample qvw?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Attached is the sample, just have values for the one year. Just look at the working sheet, it is those 4 charts I am struggling with

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The sample doesn't have any data.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, my mistake

Not applicable
Author

Rob

Can you please have a look at this for me. I am away for a few days, but would appreciate your help with this so I can get back to finishing this when I get back.

Andre

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

The sample you uploaded does not appear to have anything coded for Static Min/Max.

-Rob