Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppressing dimension values within Qlik Sense

Hey Folks-

I've got a bar chart that I want to suppress some dimension values in the display only, not modify the data. Basically, I'm looking at responses given from questionnaires and I'm only curious about negative responses. Currently, the data codifies these into a 3 digit numeric code, which is the dimension I'm representing with a measure of total responses.

Is there a way I can keep my chart from displaying 3-4 of these responses? There will never be a huge amount of excluded responses but I don't want to exclude the data all together from my app, just not display it in a single chart. Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Drew,

for these purposes, we use Set Analysis. It's a very wide subject to teach in forum post (I teach a 3-hour lecture on Set Analysis at the Masters Summit for Qlik, and even that is not enough...)

To give you a basic example, this is how it would look like:

Count( {<Response -= {'Value1', 'Value2', 'Value3'}>}  Response)

or

Sum( {<Response -= {'Value1', 'Value2', 'Value3'}>}  Value)

The text within the {< ... >} holds the Set Analysis condition. The operator -= is used to exclude listed values from your current selections.

You can read more about Set Analysis in the documentation, or in my new book "QlikView Your Business", or at one of the available Set Analysis classes.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Drew,

for these purposes, we use Set Analysis. It's a very wide subject to teach in forum post (I teach a 3-hour lecture on Set Analysis at the Masters Summit for Qlik, and even that is not enough...)

To give you a basic example, this is how it would look like:

Count( {<Response -= {'Value1', 'Value2', 'Value3'}>}  Response)

or

Sum( {<Response -= {'Value1', 'Value2', 'Value3'}>}  Value)

The text within the {< ... >} holds the Set Analysis condition. The operator -= is used to exclude listed values from your current selections.

You can read more about Set Analysis in the documentation, or in my new book "QlikView Your Business", or at one of the available Set Analysis classes.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!