Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does Qlik Sense Server include HUB or Desktop?

Hello all,

I'm new using Qlik Sense and would like to know if I install Qlik Sense Server... Does it include already HUB or Desktop to create reports?... or Do I have to install the Qlik Sense Desktop apart?? My users could not install it in local.

Many thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Anna,

Yes you can. You will have all the functionality of the desktop version with some extra features. As you said, you have the leverage to let the user develop reports and dashboards based on the data connections you provide him. You can restrict the data sources the user uses and you will have full control over it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Anna,

You will have the leverage to create your apps in the HUB itself. So you would not need Sense desktop.

If you would like to have a feel of how it looks try this URL :

http://localhost:4848/hub

(Note: Make sure that Qlik sense desktop is running while opening the URL )

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram, thanks for answering me.

Can we access from the Server itself and generate some standard projects with data? and then the users from the HUB could create the reports .

Thanks again,

Anna

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Anna,

Yes you can. You will have all the functionality of the desktop version with some extra features. As you said, you have the leverage to let the user develop reports and dashboards based on the data connections you provide him. You can restrict the data sources the user uses and you will have full control over it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Perfect Sagram, thanks a lot

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!