Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide chart (or image) object based on QlikView variable value

Hi everyone,

I have a QlikView variable and I want to show one of the chart (or image, or even text) in NPrinting report when this variable has value 1 and don't show in vice versa.

How I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Valerii,

There was another thread like this recently.  Nprinting does not have a conditional show for an object on a report.  Personally, I would like it to be able to hide a column, an object or even a whole page based on conditions.  I have a project where I had to create two templates based on whether I wanted to show certain objects or pages.   Perhaps in a future release this will be available, for now it appears that you need to control the output manually.  Sorry I could not be more helpful.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It appears that this thread might get you some advice on how to solve your issue.

Access to hidden tabs?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, no.

I know how use hidden QlikView objects in NPrinting. But I want to hide chart (for example) in NPrinting report according to variable value.

For example I want to show 2 charts in my report everytime. But if my QlikView variable vShow has value = 0 - I want hide one chart in my NPrinting report.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you say hide, do you mean not show the whole chart or just not show the rendered data and keep the outline of the chart in place.   It would seem that you could use vShow in your calculated condition on your object and place an error message in the middle of the chart if it does not meet the condition.  See these examples below.  You calculated condition would be if your variable was 0 or 1.

calc cond.PNG

Then it would render your chart with a message that you designate.   That would hide your data.

calc explantation.PNG

Will that meet your need?

Mike

Not applicable
Author

No

I'll try to describe in such example.

- I have a QlikView variable vShow. (this variable could have value 1 or 0).

- I have NPrinting XLS report and I can get value from this vShow variable.

- I have many images in my NPrinting reports, for example 10 images.

- I want to show image number 8 (for example) only when my variable vShow has value = 1.

How I can do this?

P.S. I know that I can use 2 copy of my XLS tamplate (with image 8 and without), but I should have only one tamplate.

Not applicable
Author

Guys, any suggestions here?

Maybe I can use macros in Excel\Word template and work with this variable value from Macros?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike,

Can you answer me how I can avoid such situation?

If I have this message:

222222.png

How I can hide such IMG object in my NPrinting report?

When i have IMG - I just want show it

When I have "Selection Status: No selection" - I don't want show it.

Thank you vey much.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Valerii,

There was another thread like this recently.  Nprinting does not have a conditional show for an object on a report.  Personally, I would like it to be able to hide a column, an object or even a whole page based on conditions.  I have a project where I had to create two templates based on whether I wanted to show certain objects or pages.   Perhaps in a future release this will be available, for now it appears that you need to control the output manually.  Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Mike!

Your answers were very helpful.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Is this issue resolved in the next release. Because I want to use conditional show in the Word report of Nprinting.

Thanks