Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distributing CSV file in nprinting

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to distribute a daily csv file using nprinting? Im storing these csv files straight from the script in my .qvw and also applying filters here at the same time.

So i have stored and want to distribute them daily using nprinting.

file1.csv to:client1@gmail.com, filter: client1

file2.csv to:client2@gmail.com, filter: client2    

file3.csv to:client3@gmail.com, filter: client3

Anyone got any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Niklas,

NPrinting can easily do this provided that the CSV file is built from a single QlikView chart.

1. Create a "QlikView Entity" report in NPrinting. The report should use the chart object you want to use to populate the csv file.
  2. Create a Report Task and put that report in the Task. When creating the Task, you need to set the output format of the report to csv and you can also customize the separator.
  3. Build recipients and build and add the appropriate filter for them (you can load recipients automatically as well).

Here are some tutorials you may find helpful:

How to Export QlikView Objects to CSV files

How to Distribute User Specific QlikView Reports by E-mail

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Niklas,

NPrinting can easily do this provided that the CSV file is built from a single QlikView chart.

1. Create a "QlikView Entity" report in NPrinting. The report should use the chart object you want to use to populate the csv file.
  2. Create a Report Task and put that report in the Task. When creating the Task, you need to set the output format of the report to csv and you can also customize the separator.
  3. Build recipients and build and add the appropriate filter for them (you can load recipients automatically as well).

Here are some tutorials you may find helpful:

How to Export QlikView Objects to CSV files

How to Distribute User Specific QlikView Reports by E-mail

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

Not applicable
Author

I see. Thing is that I generate and store the CSV file right in the script.

//N

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The only data source for Nprinting is a QVW and its objects.  Aran's solution is pretty easy.

Not applicable
Author

Niklas,

What you want to do is possible, but more complex if you want to generate csv files and then have NPrinting just take care of delivery. I would consider the solution below a workaround and there are a few assumptions:

1) Each CSV file is already filtered in the appropriate way for a specific client

2) Each CSV file is saved to a different directory or is named in a different way from every other csv file

3) The CSV files are always saved to the same location and always have the same name each time they are built

If all of the above conditions are true, then you could build a Report Task for each client and simply attach that client's csv file to the email for their Task. The hard part is that if there are say 500 clients, then you'd have to manually build 500 Report Tasks and you would have to maintain these Tasks (adding a new client = adding a new Task...)

With my original solution, maintenance can be easily automated assuming you have a way of associating the Client with their email address and the field name(s) and value(s) on which you want to filter for that specific client.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

Yeah

I have decalred a variable to today() and add that to the file_name i'm supposed to send one file per day. So I guess I fulfill the conditions you mentioned above.