Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III

How to make a user active if qlik sense makes him inactive automatically?

Hi,

I have a user whom Qlik sense made automatically inactive? tried activating him but no luck. how can I make him active again or should i contact the system administrator as the error says.

6 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Karthik,

If you open the user tab in QMC and open the user who has become inactive, you should see a field their to modify the users status. If this docent work, I would suggest you to first investigate why the user was made In-active by Sense. You should be able to do this by skimming through the log files.

Thanks,

Sangram

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sangram.  Do you know the name of the specific log I should be looking into?

Regards,

Karthik

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Karthik,

Check this location:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Trace - Look if there is any entry in hte log files here if it has anything.

Is the License monitor showing you any information?

Thanks,

Sangram

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I just see that specific users have access denied because they are inactive but can't find a reason why they became inactive. I think the Directory service connector is causing this issue, whenever I sync it I am unable to get the users list but the present one's are becoming inactive. Just deleted the DSC and it should be OK now I believe.

Will fix the DSC later.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Karthik,

Were there any tokens allocated to the users who have become inactive?

Thanks,

Sangram

Karthik3
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes.