Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 graphics combined measures

Does anyone know how to create a combination chart with 2 measures, and one of them that can be  stacked?

For example, I use 2 measures, month and sales by category, and I would stack the sales by category to see the participation and its evolution over the months.

Thank you

8 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Roberto,

I am assuming that you would like to have a chart with 2 bars showing for each dimension value. Once bar being the sum of sales by month and the other one being sum of sales by category(You need this bar to have stacked colouring based on the no of categorys). This is not possible with the visualizations implicitly available in Sense.

You do have the leverage to build your own visualizations. So its never the dead end.

So the answer is no(with the in-built visualizations) but Yes if you are willing to go with an extension.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

AS sangram says its not out the box functionality.  I've done a chart that switches itscontent based on a variable set by the user using a button.  Perhaps this might help. Makes Sense to go round in circles

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your requirement.

To me, it seems you have ONE measure, something like

=Sum(Sales)

and TWO dimensions, Month and Category.

If this is the case, a stacked bar chart (Month on x-axis, Category as stacked segments) should be available with Sense charts out-of-the box. Just use two dimensions and choose the stacked representation style on presentation tab.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Andy,

I am assuming that Roberto, wantes to merge the stacked bar chart and a normal bar char.

Where you have 2 measure , one measure as a normal bar and the other a stacked in the same sheet. Hence mentioned that ,an extension would solve the issue.

Thanks,

Sangram

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Yes he wouldn't be able to achieve that using the standard visualisations.  I would look at the effort involved in building the extension vs splitting the requirement into 2 charts which would be easier to implement and see which has the bigger ROI for the client.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

True, the development time for a new extension is surely a big factor and hence splitting the charts could be a quick solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Very usefull.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!!