Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oric1884
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can I limit number of bars in a chart?

HI !

I want to show only the last 12 months in a bar chart. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Ciro.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using a set analysis expressions to limit the number of months. If you have a date field then you can use something like sum({<MyDate={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(MyDate),-11))'}>} Value) to calculate the sum of Value using only the date values from the last 12 months.

If you need more help please post a small Qlik Sense app that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using a set analysis expressions to limit the number of months. If you have a date field then you can use something like sum({<MyDate={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(MyDate),-11))'}>} Value) to calculate the sum of Value using only the date values from the last 12 months.

If you need more help please post a small Qlik Sense app that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi CIRO,

You can achieve this by an expression as Gysbert mentioned. There is also an alternative to this which can be easier,

In the properties panel, first sort the dimmenion by Months and then set the limitation dropdown to Fixed number and enter in 12 there. This will curtail the output to just last 12 months.

2016-01-25 01_15_51-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Thanks,

Sangram.

oric1884
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gysbert!

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Ciro.

oric1884
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sangram!

Thank you for your help.

Your reply is correct too, bud I don't know how mark it as a correct answer.

Best regards,

Ciro.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Glad it helped!