Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error: Access violation at address 015932B4 in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'

Hello Everyone,

I am using nprinting to generate PPPT files from access point. Till last week it was working fine. i replaced existing QVW with the latest qvw, later I am getting some error at Access point

Error: Unexpected error occurred during on-demand request processing.The specified path was not found.

when opened the log file its giving the following log report

Service1/25/20166:05:52 AMMessageRun Task:
Service1/25/20166:05:52 AMErrorConnection error to D:\QlikView\SourceDocuments\Test PPT.qvw; Access violation at address 015932B4 in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Service1/25/20166:05:52 AMMessageTerminate Task:
Service1/25/20166:05:52 AMMessageThis task took 0 seconds to execute
Service1/25/20166:05:52 AMMessage-------------------

Please help.

Thanks

KR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

To learn about access violation messages in greater detail please view the following presentation at the link below:

Configuring and Troubleshooting your NPrinting Implementation

Also check below as well:

The error Access Violation can occur if there is a permissions problem or in some cases, a simple reboot of the server will resolve the issue.

This error could indicate that:

1. The server  where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted

2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW.

Please, have a look at this article:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13553

3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account

See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8447

4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue.

You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:

i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)

ii. Click on Shift and right click on the Qv.exe file

iii. Choose "Run as a different user" in the window that opens

iv. Enter the NPrinting user Id and password.

v. Open the QlikView document.

Is QlikView showing any error message? Please, send us a screenshot.

5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled

6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.

7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files.  Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To learn about access violation messages in greater detail please view the following presentation at the link below:

Configuring and Troubleshooting your NPrinting Implementation

Also check below as well:

The error Access Violation can occur if there is a permissions problem or in some cases, a simple reboot of the server will resolve the issue.

This error could indicate that:

1. The server  where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted

2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW.

Please, have a look at this article:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13553

3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid. Open the QVW using the NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened, then there is a permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account

See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service account

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8447

4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue.

You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:

i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)

Is QlikView showing any error message? Please, send us a screenshot.

5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs needs to be repaired or reinstalled

6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.

7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files.  Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Everyojne,

I had the problem with my Qlikview license on server. I applied license key to QV with NPrinting user. this resolved my issue.

Excellent Frank, you are the best.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks

KR

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Frank,

I am facing one problem here.

When I restart the NPrining services my Qlikview license key getting cleared. Not sure whats was the issue here. is that any bug?

Thanks

KR

Frank_S
Support
Support

You may have a license limitation on your QV server.

Furthermore, for NPrinting server service account, as the instructions in the configuration document states, you must use a dedicated CAL from manually assigned from the QMC.

Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

"NPrinting Server and designer requires a fully licensed version of QlikView Desktop. You can activate QlikView Desktop by inserting a license code directly to the desktop client in the license module or by manually assigning a Named User CAL from a QlikView Server to the NPrinting server service account. Dynamically Assigned QV licenses (CALs) and QV Personal Edition are not supported. To verify that your NPrining Service account has an assigned QV CAL, log into the NPrinting Server with the Windows Account used by the NPrinting Service and open QlikView Desktop. It must be activated and not show "Personal Edition". Also on the NPrinting server, you may click on "View message" when the Windows Interactive Service message appears. If you see "Personal Edition" on the QlikView Desktop you must activate it using "File" and "Open In Server". See point directly below."

You can also use a dedicated QV local desktop license to activate the NPrinting server service account QV desktop. This might be a better option of you keep losing the license assigned from the QV server.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact the Qlik Support desk and we will assist you from there for a closer investigation. However, if you follow the points above, you will be ok going forward.

ajayrai
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Frank,

I tried doing the below mentioned steps-

But when I open the Qlikview desktop it is opening in Personal Edition. So I leased license from server.

After doing this I am trying to run a NPrinting schedule but it is still  throwing the error "Access violation at address 01594A20 in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'. Read of address 00000000" .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ajay Rai,

Did you find a solution about your issue?

I have exactly the same error message but it's really weird because it runs normally after.

For information i have defined a supporting task on QEMC with an external program.

Below my error message :

Violation d'accès à l'adresse 01594A20 dans le module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000000

Thank you in advance for your answer.

MartinRose
Contributor
Contributor

Even though this is an older thread, I just ran across another reason why the NPrinting service might not be able to execute a task when run against a source qvw.

If the qvw contains macros and you have not told the NPrinting service user what to do with qvws that contains macros (i.e. 'allow safe macros', 'allow all macros' etc), the NPrinting service just stalls.

So if you come across a similar case, I hope this helps.