Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot see all data in Dimension

Hi all,

just a quick question. I just started with QLik-View (Personal Edition) to evaluate the software for our company. Now I test-loaded
some data from databases, which did run very well after playing around a bit with the script and the SQL-Connection.

Now, my problem is as follows: I have loaded a small data-set from 07/2007 to 01/2011, created a LineChart out of it. It consists
my Date as the Dimension and two values as a expression, a max and a average value. Now, even if I select all mentioned dates
the Graph does not display all the values, making it not possible to follow the values from ´07 to ´11.

Would be very nice if some of you can lead me in the right direction on how I make all the values show up.

Best regards!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you plz send you apllication ........... so that we can see where the problem is ?????/

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your fast reply! Smile I will try to be more detailed with this:

Like I said I loaded data from 2007 to 2011. Now, even if I select them all (all dates)
only the time from 08/2007 to 02/2008 is displayed.

About to send the application, how? As I then maybe have to remove or obfuscate the
data.

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Trying showing all distinct values.

Sometimes QV doesn't show multiple entries of the same value.,

also you may have no values for certain dates thus they wont be shown, you can force them to show by unticking hide null.

QV can only display values were they exist it wont force a dimension.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

In case it is relevant, the attached file shows how to include dates that aren't actually in your data set, allowing a line graph, say, to go to zero for those dates.