Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Download Template from Server with Nprinting

Hello Everyone,

I want to download PPT files, PDF from server with the help of nPrinting. could you please let me know the steps.

(I donot want to export any chart objects to ppt, I want to download a static template)

Thanks

KR

22 Replies
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Adam,

Happy New Year!!

Sorry , Due to hectic work schedule I coudn't get back to you. Unfortunatelyt my Nprinting licence also got expired on 31st DEC. waiting for licence need to renew.

Thank you very much for your idea. My requirement is I just want to download PPTX file (test.pptx) from server. I will try with your idea and let you know.

If possible could you please give me steps how you followed. so that I can follow the same.

Thanks

Kesav

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Daniel,

Let me explain you with my Business requirement.

My business users copying those templates to the Production server at the below path on Monthly basis. Templates size is around 7-10 MB.

D:/NPrinting/Tempaltes/test1.pptx

D:/NPrinting/Tempaltes/test2.pptx

Client users want to download these file from Access Point with button click.

To achieve this requirement I want to use NPrinting. could you please suggest me how do I do that?

If possible please let me know the steps.

Also, When I moved from UAT to Prod do I need to follow the same configuration steps?

Thanks

KR

Not applicable

Happy new year to you as well

create an nsq like you normally do - you will need to create a connection to  qvw even though you are really not going to be using it.

Create a template in Nprinting like you normally would and when you get to the point where you need to add images/tables, etc to the template, create a function with the expression of =today().  Creating this function in the tempalte will establish  the connection between the template and a qvw, which is needed, even if you are not using any objects.  You would then go about creating the ppt portion of your template.

Run your pptx as a preview and then as a task to make sure it works (if it works in a task, there is not a reason i could think of that won't casue it to run in on demand.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your detail steps for my requirements.

Here I have few questions about Moving document from UAT to PROD.

At UAT server I have NPrinting files at below location

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\NPrinting.

While developing my document I use to browse Extension objects from here. but if I want to move my document to Prod, do you want me to keep the Extensions on the same folder?

Actually my Admin team saying that they cannot keep Extension objects aunder C Drive. they want keep all the files under D Drive. How does it work?

Please advise.

Thanks

KR

Not applicable

there are settings in the QMC which I do not work with that define where the extension object reside on the server - you may need to check with your administrtor

Not applicable

Prasanna

were you able to contact your Qlik admin regarding extension location?

Mike lubicz99‌ can you please assist Prasanna in letter her know where qlik identifies the alternate path for extensions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a little confused on your terminology.  When you are referring to extension objects, do you mean your NSQ, template and QVW files or something else?  If so, what specifically?

As long as your server knows where the files are and has access to them, you can put them in whatever directory you want.  I would use the same name convention for both development and prod.

I hope you have some other Nprinting projects that you plan to use, this seems like a lot of effort to download some PPT templates.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Adam,

can I update this template? PPT file?  I mean if I update this template PPT file (With out renaming file name) does NPrinting pick the latest file? because my template will keep on updating occasionally.

I am getting the following error:

Error: Unexpected Error occurred during On-demand request Processing.Access violation at address 0040A3EF in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe' Read of address 000000.

Could you please help me on this ASAP.

Thanks

Kesav

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frank.Savino‌    I am bogged down on a project right now.  Can you answer Kesav's question?   I am speculating that he is overwriting his template without using NPrinting as his editor and it is causing his error.  I think Adam is unavailable for the next couple weeks.

psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Mike,

Thank you for directing me to Frank.

Yes, I am over writing the existing file. how do I get the latest file? when end user clicks on the button.

Frank,

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks

Kesav