Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Map with more than 1 dimension

Hi to all,

has anyone tried to implement a Map in Sense with more than 1 dimension?

Is it possible? I've not found any good solution until now.

Many thanks for your contributes

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello there,

Yes, it is possible to do so in Qlik Sense. There are extensions which might help you create maps in QlikSense

and they allow you to add more than one dimension. In the right part you have an options panel in which you add dimensions and measures. You click on one dimension and QlikSense give the option to add a new one. I can attach you some snapshots if you want to.

Also, I can post you the link in which you can find some map extensions for QlikSense (They might be useful depending on the QlikSense versión you've got).

Hope it is useful! I also cracked my mind a lot using Qlik Sense maps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

thank you, it sounds interesting. Yes please, let me know more about this solution if you can.

Thank you again

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro

Of course, I explain you:

This is the link to access to the QlikSense extension. It is called "svg Reader". You have to download it, uncompress it and copy it to the QlikSense extension folder. The path would be: My documents -> Qlik -> Sense -> extensions -> templates and there you can paste it with the rest of QlikSense extensions (you have to paste the whole folder). If you need any other help with that, let me know . When you add an extension, you need to close and reopen QlikSense in case you had it open when you pasted it and in this way, your changes in the extension folder are done.

Here you have the link for the extension:

http://branch.qlik.com/#/project/56728f52d1e497241ae6977f

Once you paste it, you create or open an App in QlikSense, you will find the new extension on the left with the name of "svg reader".

This extension will allow you to do a lot of things. I used it and liked it You can change the border of the map, select maps from all over the world, change colours, add measures and dimensions... and so on.

I have written down a Word document with some screenshots and giving some main explanations about the extension, if you want to, I can send it to your email (as it is impossible to attach it in here ). Or maybe if you prefer, in a private message or something like that.

Hope it helps so far, if you have any doubt, let me know ^^

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

many thanks!

yes, I would appreciate a lot if you could send me your Word document, my email address is alessandro@zeebra.it

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

I just sent it. Hope it helps

I think it could be a good help to start using that extension

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

I've found in the Qlik Branch website that the correct link to the SVG Map extension is this:

Qlik Branch

...but it works with only 1 dimension... so I've the same problem: does exist a way to use more than 1 dimension in the same map (at the same time) using Qlik Sense? For example:

- 1st dimension: SHOPS

- 2nd dimension: CUSTOMERS

All in the same map, as different GeoPoint Locations.

Until now I've not found any solution, any map that works in Qlik Sense with more than 1 dimension at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainoha,

Is there any possibility you could share the document here, would help others too struggling with the Maps in Qlik sense.

Im also struggling with an Map dashboard and would be great if i can solve based on this.

Not applicable
Author

Hello!!

Sorry for my late reply. I'm afraid here is not possible. I tried but I couldnt :S. In the document I explained the main steps to use one Qlik extension for QlikSense using maps. How to add dimensions, measures and main options of that extension. Are you using any extensión in particular? Do you want to do anything concrete in a map?

Let me know and see if I can give you a hand ^^

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

I've tried with a lot of extension, but I'm thinking that it's a Qlik Sense structural problem.

Perhaps Sense accept only 1 dimension for the same app (1 GeoPoint field, 1 Latitude field, 1 Longitude Field).

I've not found any documentation regarding this yet, what do you think about?