Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple charts in nPrinting

Hello,

I'm new here so I hope I've posted this correctly!

We have recently had nPrinting installed and so I'm getting to grips with it.

I have pulled in two charts from Qlik to report on.  The first has a filter on to only bring in those tenants who have arrears (I work in a housing association).  The second is the tenant details.  When previewing the report the filter works and shows those only in arrears, however it brings in the contact detail for ALL tenants and isn't matching them up together.  Any idea's on:

1. How I can get the correct phone number next to the correct name.

2. How to stop all of the other details coming in?

Thanks,

Rhian

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It sounds like you may be using an Excel template.   Often when I am setting up new reports, I build a staging object in QV and let QV perform the first level of filtering using Set Analysis.

So, the first question is can you build an object in QV, perhaps a straight table, that gives you all of the data that you want to export to Nprinting in one chart.  This would seem to solve both of your questions.  It is very common to use staging objects ( Best practice is probably a stretch ) and hide them after creating your report.

If this does not answer your question, please try to capture a screen shot of the objects you are trying to combine and I am sure the community will offer further assistance.

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like a good idea Mike and I will give it ago, seems like a bit of a faff though and would be much easier if I could use the unique key in both tables.

Yes, I am using an Excel template.  I forgot that major bit of info!

How would I go about hiding this table so no user see's it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Report building can be accomplished many ways.  To help with troubleshooting, I just like to see the output on the QV side first and then I am only placing fields where I want in the report tool rather than trying to build formulas.  Also, depending on the end user, I give them access to the object in QV so that they can use QV to validate the data or drill down further than the report information provided.

That is all personal preference and I am sure other developers have their own method.  One of the advantages of the forum is to discover diverse ways of accomplishing things.

Hiding an object is easy to do.   See example below.

Just go to your chart properties of your object, choose layout and then show conditional 1=2.   Note: you need to build your report in Nprinting before you hide the object as NPrinting can't find hidden objects that it has not already seen.  They can be hidden after report is created.

To view your object again after hidden, go to the sheet properties and choose objects and then you can change the properties of a hidden object.

hide object.PNG