Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Replace a published app

Hi

I try to replace an app that is published by a new one with REPOS REST API or .NET API

The problem if I use qrs/app/upload?name=<appname>&replace=244dcc15-f61f-4602-ad26-91da4c0fb1b7

I get an exception

Internal error [LOCERR_GENERIC_INTERNAL_ERROR]:Internal error(Could not import file (ImportApp))

{"Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1."}

How can I achieve this do I need to unpublish before replace and if yes I can't find a REST Repos Api url to do it

Thanks for your help

ebiexperts CTO
With WIP, Control everything!
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I found the solution upload the app under a temp name, replace the published app then delete the temp app

ebiexperts CTO
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I found the solution upload the app under a temp name, replace the published app then delete the temp app

ebiexperts CTO
Not applicable

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Could you tell me which replace function from the REST api did you use? For the moment I am able to upload applications (in the case I have one with the same name it list me two, it doesn't replace), delete the old published application and then publish the new one but I would like to keep the sheets created by the users and this functionality is available when you publish an application and replace the old one but I don't find anything on the api.

Thanks.

Not applicable

jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes It's what I use, it works well

ebiexperts CTO
humansoft
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi ebiexperts

Have you a piece of working code with REST REPLACE method? Can you share it?

We get the response from the server: "403 Prohibited." for every PUT REST API's methods (REPLACE, PUBLISH etc.). GET/POST methods work properly.

Big thanks!

TH