Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fatal error with Variable Editor

Just installed the framework (v1.5.1) on a local Windows 7 machine. After opening the Container Map and adding a new project, I hit "Update Map and Create Containers." The document burps, shows "Error: Fatal Error(-130)" at the top, and all of the pop up info boxes appear everywhere on the document. One of them states "WARNING! Variable editor could not find Deployment Framework Core. The application will not work."  There is also a Qlikview window that shows up noting "Execution of script failed. Reload old data?"

I've deleted everything, re-downloaded the source, and attempted reinstall multiple times.

During the install process (to a local folder at 'C:\QlikviewProjects'), an error message appears:  "Error updating csv file. Error was: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\QlikviewProjects\\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\dtprojects'."  This has happened with every attempt at reinstalling the framework.

I'm assuming there is no reason why the framework requires Qlikview Server to be running on the local machine? I'm trying to set up and run the framework on a local development machine, with a licensed version of QV Desktop. My intent is to later deploy the local project to a server.

Appreciate any feedback. Would love to use the framework, but it's just not working after multiple attempts at a clean install.

9 Replies
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sounds like permissions.

Try extracting to your Desktop.

Or on D:/, atleast another drive than your OS drive.

Sent from localhost.com<http://localhost.com> (127.0.0.1)

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't make a difference. I had slightly better result when extracting the zip file to a network drive (Z:\). The install then worked correctly without the 'csv' error message noted above.

However, the shortcut to the Variable Editor (in the 0.Administration folder) doesn't work...it did not work for any of the other attempts either. I've gone into the 6.Script\2.VariableEditor\ folder to re-create the shortcut and move it to the 0.Administration folder. That works to open the file. However, when adding a new project and running "Update Map and Create Containers" the app blows up with all of the same error messages and warnings.

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What version of QV are you using?

I can confirm it's working with QV v11.2, and i DLd QDF today.

Sent from localhost.com<http://localhost.com> (127.0.0.1)

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brett, there are two things that can go wrong UAC access control (run as administrator) and QV12 security setting that disables write to disk. Also try running VariableEditor.cmd file placed in the 0.Administration root folder (right click run as admin) . You do not need QlikView server or anything else just QlikView developer installed. Best regards Magnus

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

After downloading the zip file, before extracting:

1. Right click the zip file, select Properties.

2. Click the "Unblock" button if present.

3. Then extract the zip.

Permissions of downloaded files are sometimes blocked from inheriting permissions correctly.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've tried everything. Did you get it to work?

m2r4miller
Contributor III
Contributor III

I can confirm that I received the same -130 error when attempting to create an additional container in my existing installation.

After I changed the security setting in QV 12 that Magnus mentions, the Variable Editor now works correctly - as it always has in the past.

In fact, as soon as I opened it, it immediately ran the Create Containers script and created the container (folders) on disk that I was attempting to create.

-Mark

arish_delon
Creator
Creator

Hi All.

I was on QlikView 11.20 SR 17 on Windows Server 2008 R2 running QDF 1.4.1.

This combination was very good. As of March 2018 there is no support from Qlik on Ver 11.20. If you want you can pay more for support. So I upgraded to 12.20 SR1. QlikView works ok. but QDF does not work. I keep getting embedded license error. I so a post that Magnus Berg advising to upgrade the QDF to current version. 1.7.1.

No I have internal scripts errors. Now I am not able to update system variable. Anybody have any fix that will fix this issue?

How do i update system variables in QDF 1.7.1?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Arish, is this the latest version of VariableEditor that I gave you? If yes, then I will validate  the embedded license again and send you a new version. /Cheers