Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Cannot open applications in IE Plugin mode

Hi

Running QlikView 11.2 SR11 on Windows 2012 server with the newest IE Plugin version, but when use IE Plugin to run the QlikView applications I get a blank page with a small mobile phone icon on the left upper corner of the page!

QlikView applications are configured to be run in IE Plugin mode.

Any help is appreciated

Labels (1)
26 Replies
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

You do it in QMC->Setup-> QlikView web server

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Is it all documents are just your document? Try putting one of the default documents on the accesspoint and see what happens.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Bill

I'm QV administrator and have fully access to all documents, but I'm not the developer of those. We have also Governance dashboard on the AccessPoint, but it behaves in the same way too.

Regards

Not applicable

I already have the optin unchecked I will continue searching for the solution

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Do you have the linkmachine name set? Do you have port 4747 open in the firewall and pointing to the QVS server?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Have you had any success with finding a solution to your issues?

We are running into some intermittent issues with IE11 and Office 2016 rolling out.

The IE Plugin was working fine for me but we have some users who have to right click and open in new tab or window.

Now I tried it again today and now I have to do the same

This could be a workaround for your users

The fact that we can open in a new window but not in the current window is very odd.

sushantwanjari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I faced the same issue.

While opening the application, It opened correctly in AJAX client.

I used to get a blank page with a mobile icon in the top left corner when opening the application in IE plugin mode.

I took the following steps and solved it:

1. QMC > System > Setup > Web Server > Web > Root Folders > QVPLUGIN

- Make sure that the path is correct

2. Go to the path mentioned against QVPLUGIN

- I backed up "opendoc.htm" and then renamed "opendoc_fix.htm" to "opendoc.htm"

done !!

now, I the application opens properly when in IE Plugin.

Hope it solves you issue.

-Sushant