cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Match function issue

Hi All,

I am using Match function to retrieve a certain result which is working fine in the UI, but when I use the same in script, I am not getting the same result. I have used the following expression.

If(Match(DISMM,'VR','V1','ZA','ZD')=0,'Not_Stocked','Not_ClosestPlant')

DISMM is a field that contains the values,VR,V1,ZA,ZD,ND,PD,X0,Z1. When I used the expression in a list box under Expression. When I  select  Stocked or Not_ClosestPlant,the resultant DISMM values are getting selected, but with script, that is not happening.Can anyone please help.

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

PFA Datamodel and Expression in List Box

DM.PNG

Expr.PNG

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It might be worth checking the uniqueness of your key %VBELNPOSNR with respect to DISMM.

If one %VBELNPOSNR has multiple records with different DISMM then you will end up with multiple entries in RCode for the same %VBELNPOSNR but with both '9-Not_Stocked' and '10 - Not_Closest_StkPlnt' and so filtering on either will not exclude all the records you expect.

Could this be the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Dominic, That is the case, but isn't there a way to show only those needed as possible selections when either '9-Not_Stocked' or '10 - Not_Closest_StkPlnt' is selected and filter out the unwanted.

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, If there are %VBELNPOSNRs that have only one ReasonCode then I would expect those to be filtered out when you select the other ReasonCode.

If you create a straight table with RCode.ReasonCode as the dimension and count(DISTINCT [%VBELNPOSNR]) as the measure and clear all filters then does it show different counts against '9-...' and '10-...'?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. Apart from making any changes like the ones you said using in straight table, isn't there a way to do the same in the script?

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

‌Ah, I was proposing the straight table as a test only, not as a solution. Could you post a screenshot of the table with all selections cleared? That might help get to the bottom of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have attached two tables clearing all the selections. The one on left is what you proposed and Implemented in straight table taking the Rcode as Dimension and Count(%VBELNPOSNR) as expression. The values are still not correct. The one on the right is what I did earlier using the "IF" condition I have used earlier in the straight table  as Calculated Dimension and Expression as count(%VBELNPOSNR) which is giving the results as expected.

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you comparing a Count(DISTINCT Field) with a Count(Field)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Whoops...My bad,

Now that I changed the expression without using Distinct, the values are matching in both the tables. Thanks swuehl and Dominic. But the issue is still the same, I need to get the same values by using the scipt.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your help. I have used the following code and checked it in a straight table using what Dominic has suggested and now it seems to be working fine.

Load %VBELNPOSNR,

if(PSTYV='TAB' OR PSTYV='TABN','0 – CrossDock',If(LIPS_WERKS=[WH Code 1],'1 – Cust_Geo_Prime',if(LIPS_WERKS='8041' or

LIPS_WERKS='8042'or LIPS_WERKS='8043'or LIPS_WERKS='8044' or LIPS_WERKS='8615','2 – Sci_Ed',

if(LIPS_WERKS='8031' or LIPS_WERKS='8032','3 – Furniture',

if(LIPS_WERKS='8033' or LIPS_WERKS='8035','4 – Export',

if(LIPS_WERKS='8036' or LIPS_WERKS='8037','5 – Seradigm',if(LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 1] AND LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 2] AND

LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 3] and LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 4] and LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 5] and

LIPS_WERKS <> [WH Code 6] and

LIPS_WERKS <> '8031' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8032' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8033' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8036' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8037'

and LIPS_WERKS <> '8041' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8042' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8043' and LIPS_WERKS <> '8044'

and LIPS_WERKS <> '8615' ,'6 – AWS_Override',if(%KNMTWERKS=LIPS_WERKS,'7 – Per_InfoRec',if(CLSTK_PLANT=LIPS_WERKS,'8 – Closest_StkPlnt',

IF(DISMM<>'VR' AND DISMM<>'V1' AND DISMM<>'ZA' AND DISMM<>'ZD','9 - NOT_STOCKED',

'10 – Not_Closest_StkPlnt'

)))))))))) AS ReasonCode

Resident Delivery;

Although I have tried the same script earlier, it seems to be working this time. Anyways thank you for all your help. The OR and AND operators are creating a problem for other developers as well in our team. They don't seem to do the operations correctly sometime and later they work fine. I'm not able to figure out why.