Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

growth rates as expression in line graph with periods in horizontal axis

hi, let say I have a regular master calandar with Period as 201506,201507 and periodID, year, month, etc...

in a set analysis I can for a selection find max of the year and max of year -1, in order to evaluate a growth rate fine !

I can do it for month, YTD etc...

I STILL CAN'T MANAGE TO HAVE A GRAPH THAT SHOWS THE EXPRESSION OVER PERIODS IN HORIZONTAL AXIS

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP CAUSE I START LOOSING MY SLEEP

I attached a screenshot of what I dream of !

I Just upload a basic qvw

you will see I can't have for dimension 201505 both YTD 201405 sales and YTD 201505 (and then growth for instance)....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Something along these lines?

Capture.PNG

YTDLY:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID) - 12)"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year) - 1)"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Sales), Count(DISTINCT TOTAL {$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID))"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Period), RowNo()))

YTD:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID))"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Sales), 0, RowNo()))

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share the data with which we can help you show how this can be done?

sunny_talwar

Try this expression for YTDLY:

Above(Sum({$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID) - 12)"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year) - 1)"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Sales), Count(DISTINCT TOTAL {$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID))"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Period))

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny, thanks very much this is rising hope.

it indeed display for a shared period label '201503' the 2015 and 2014 at month level.

could you adapt your script to have YTD (jan to march) ?

is the above function work when data are ranked ? or just always considering the periodID value.

AGAIN MANY THANKS

sunny_talwar

Something along these lines?

Capture.PNG

YTDLY:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID) - 12)"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year) - 1)"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Sales), Count(DISTINCT TOTAL {$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID))"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Period), RowNo()))

YTD:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<PeriodID = {"<=$(=Max(PeriodID))"}, Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}, Quarter = , Month = , Period = > } Sales), 0, RowNo()))

Not applicable
Author

Sunny, you are excellent.

I will take time to analyse your WORKING code carefully.

I didn't expect to receive so relevant support so quicky !!!

thanks sunindia

sunny_talwar

No problem my friend

I am glad I was able to help.

Not applicable
Author

hi sunny,

I tried also to have both MAT (sum of the 12 last months data for the graphed period) and MAT same 12 months but with last year reference displayed for the same period dimension

-> having 201501, 201502, 201503 as dimension and ploted in line for 201501 actual MAT for 201501 but also mat 201401 for the sames dimension 201501 etc ...

I did managed to have the expression for MAT but not for MAT last year.

can you be kind enough to share your though on that ?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I was quite confusing.

basically what I would like is to have an MAT version of the YTD measurement per period with still this concept of having MAT and MAT last year....

sunny_talwar

I will check it out for you