Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Map with more than 1 dimension

Hi to all,

has anyone tried to implement a Map in Sense with more than 1 dimension?

Is it possible? I've not found any good solution until now.

Many thanks for your contributes

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Alessandro,

I've used the extensión called SVGReader (there are several, maybe you took another one) and I can add dimensions:

maps.PNG

If you'd like, I could send you the dimension I'm using

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

Sorry for my late reply.

I have been trying too build an world map based on an kml file, which points to the countries in my DB based on the ISO code. It works fine on the Qlik Desktop but has performance issues on the server side.

Do you think this would work with the SVG extension you mentioned, and also does the SVG need any licensing?

Thanks

Best Regards

Sai.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Is this what you'd like to do?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ainhoa,

I need a Geopoint Map (not an area map), but it's interesting anyway if you really have used MORE THAN 1 DIMENSION !

How do you add the geopoint locations? via Script? I need to use the data inside my model: Shops and Customers, and I need 2 Geopoint Locations in my data model...

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

I do not think it needs any licensing Sometimes creators share for free their extensions, other times they only give Access to it as a demo, and you need to ask the developer for further information. For that reason, I have asked its creator just to take our doubts out

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

I'm sorry but with the current extension I am working the maps with I think it is not possible to add geopoint locations neither via script nor edition mode.I will have a look at it and in case I could get it I let you know.

I remember there were some demo versions to download in Qlik Branch to work with maps and set up some geopoint locations but they were demos.

There is a program for Sense and View which allows you to do so (I dont know if I have ever told you);

GeoQlik, the only true mapping component for QlikView and Qlik Sense

In the link I have written, there is a trial version in case you want to try it. It has very good options but it might be a bit expensive.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

You could take a look at IdevioMaps (http://bi.idevio.com), it has excellent support for multiple layers on the map, i.e. multiple dimensions. Actually each layer is a separate component which you drag into the sheet and it displays the data at a map component that you also drag there. There are several types of layers like Bubble Layer, Area Layer, Line Layer, Heatmap Layer etc.

Send an email to info@idevio.com if you would like to try it out. To quickly see how it works, take a look at the video at New video: add a map in a minute « bi.idevio.com.

Regards

Johan

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately Qlik Support has just confirmed me that Sense allow the use of only 1 dimension in maps (1 Geopoint Location).

I know GeoQlik but it's too expensive.