Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error occurred during export

Hi All,

any pointers on where I can start with this one,

I have Qlik Sense Desktop installed (version 2.1.1)

All visualisation are as required, however, when I try to export the sheet as a PDF from the menu - I get an error that just says "An error occurred during export. Please try again." (Image below)

I can find no pointers at to what could cause this, and there is no difference in just 'trying again'.

Anyone had this before?

Regards

Jason

PDF Error.png

9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jason,

It may also be a permissions issue as the export tries to create a file in your %userdata%\documents\qlik\sense\exports folder.

Check the permissions once.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Rough estimate of how many objects that you're trying to export? If I remember correctly there's a ~50 object limit.

jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sangram,

that particular folder did not exist, so have created it and set permissions on it, however, still the same message.

Regards

Jason

jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Levi,

was only trying to export that particular sheet, which only has 3 charts on it - however, the whole app would have more than 50 - do you think that would effect it?

Regards

Jason

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Possibly, but I wouldn't target that first. Key things to check:

1. Log in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\SensePrinting2.1.50500.0409.10\Trace. The bolded part may vary. Inspect for errors
  2. I would expect a file to be generated in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\QSExport\
jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Levi,

sorry for the delay,

I have tried again today, and still same erro - there is nothing in the log (just 4 entries around service starting etc, but no errors), and also no files created in the %localappdata% location you mention also, for this time stamp.

Regards

Jason

Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Did you find a solution to your exporting to PDF issue?

jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi - sorry, no, never got a resolution to that, but since I posted this question I upgraded to 2.2.3 - and now it all exports.

Regards

Jason

saniyashaikh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

I am Working on Latest version of qlik sense desktop version but yet its the same issue.. Can anyone suggest what could be the issue i have checked the logs as well as the permission thing but yet i am not able to export the sheet to pdf..

Regards,

saniya