Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator

Background color headers pivot table

Hello,

I added a pivot table to my sheet. Depending on the values shown in the columns, the background color of the headers should be changed.

Just as a start I used this formula to the Background Color setting of the dimension that goes with the headers:

=If ((Dimensionality() = 1) and (SecondaryDimensionality() <> 0), rgb(255,180,180))

I expected that all the headers, except the header for the total, would have a pinkish background.

To my surprise it was not so.

The headers  for the columns of which the FIRST value was non existing were not colored.

20160201_Pivot_Beraden.png

In the above example the header with name Sandy Show has no background color, because the first value (for May 2015) is not available.

Is this a bug in QlikView? How can this be solved?

RW

5 Replies
michalogonowski
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, did You consider of use "Custom format cell"?

michał

Not applicable

Hi Rudy,

try like this:

1. Go to Dimension Tab--> Used Dimension ->Expand + symbol into used Dimensions->Background Color -> give your required Color

else

right click on the pivot table->format cell -> give color.

Thanks,

Divya

rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Michał,

but this is not applicable.

As I indicated in the intro of my question the background color of the headers should be changed depending on the values shown in the columns. Thus the color should be given by an expression.

A clearer description of the problem is given in the attached pdf document

RW

rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Divya,

but this is not applicable.

As I indicated in the intro of my question the background color of the headers should be changed depending on the values shown in the columns. Thus the color should be given by an expression.

A clearer description of the problem is given in the attached pdf document

RW

michalogonowski
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II