Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duffman1968
Contributor III
Contributor III

Text sizing in Sense

Migrating from QlikView to QlikSense.

Is there a way I can control the text size? In QlikView I could do this.

Is there a css setting I can modify so everything uses that size?

Issue is some tables in Sense don't show enough columns. My thought is making the text size smaller would allow Sense to show more columns.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Patrick,

You can make use of themes to style your dashboard.

Check this post:

More Qlik Sense Themes

Thanks,

Sangram

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I feel your pain, Patrick 🙂

The only trick I managed to gather is to keep your column headings short, because Sense doesn't seem to get the concept of wrapping the headers in multiple lines. Other than that, pretty much everything is automated...

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not as far as I know. The intelligent responsive design that makes Qlik Sense display nicely on all sorts of display has a consequence that the decision how to display something is made for you by Qlik Sense. You can use your browser to increase the text size, but that's it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Patrick,

You can make use of themes to style your dashboard.

Check this post:

More Qlik Sense Themes

Thanks,

Sangram

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌themes are possible but not officially supported and only available to be applied on server versions.

duffman1968
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

All,

Thanks for the responses! I am incorporating almost all suggestions to some degree. Here is a list of considerations we came up with regarding this challenge, thought I would share:

• Do we need the column
  • Use succinct, yet meaningful column names
  • Place columns in order from left to right most important to least important.
  • Consider if decimals are needed or not where applicable.
  • Use of themes for font size and color, not officially supported, but huge global impact 

Sangram,

Themes gives me the level of control I will desire and really appeals to me. Thanks for the share!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Patrik,

Glad that helped! Qliksense gives you the leverage to build your own UI and you can display the data the way you need. I think this feature stands out the most.

Thanks,

Sangram.