Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart with 2 field's comparison

Hi All,

I just started using Qlikview and I am stuck in comparing 2 fields in a same line chart. So, when I say comparing, means I am just looking at the trend by comparing two prices.

As you can see in my screen-shot there are two columns/fields APPROVED and PENDING, I want to see the trend in Line chart by comparing APPROVED and PENDING on a particular date which is BATCH.

So far what i am getting it looks like in my screen-shot 2 (Capture 2) and the reason is "Expression" which is not correct.

Current i am just using:

• sum (Pending)

you can see in 3rd screen-shot (Capture3)

Anybody can help?

anonymousjimhalpertafderikanick2009aesjulien.frechetbghbpnssh‌@

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can go to axis tab on chart properties and play around with the settings, e.g. disable 'Forced 0'

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

327.52 for batch 1 and selected SKU seems correct compared to Capture1.jpg. What do you expect to see?

Not applicable
Author

This is what i a expecting to see. I used 1 SKU as an example. AT x axis you can see the Batchday are basically dates.

Expected.JPG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You chart looks indeed a bit strange compared to your excel file.

But why are you using sum(BatchDay) as expression? And what is your dimension?

Could you upload a small sample (could contain mock up data)?

Not applicable
Author

I am not good at Qlikview

I am using PENDING as dimension because I wanna compare pending prices over dates. I know this expression is wrong. I am looking for right expression through which I can get accurate output. Can you suggest me what should I use instead?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would guess you want BatchDay as dimension and as expression maybe

=Avg(PENDING)

or any other appropriate aggregation.

Not applicable
Author

Awesome . It seems like I am almost there. Is there any way, I can make the trend more visible i.e. zoom in

or any thing to show the Blue line moving left and right?

Expected.JPG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can go to axis tab on chart properties and play around with the settings, e.g. disable 'Forced 0'

Not applicable
Author

I appreciate your help.