cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well.

I am having a small query regarding section access. I am having a scenario which is given below:

there are 4 users and there are 8 no. of sheets in my application. I want to implement section access in a way that all 4 users will be able to see all data of first 4 sheets. but the data should get reduced in other four sheets for example:

if they are viewing sheet no 1-4 than they should see all data for all 4 users

but if they are going on to sheet no 5-8 than they should be able to see there respective data.

kindly suggest if this scenario can be done. will be thankfull.

email : coolnitish.n@gmail.com

7 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Security definitions cannot be dependent on Sheets, so it would be impossible to implement exactly what you are asking for. You can look for possible work-around solutions.

It's important to understand that the data is either reduced (for all sheets) or it's not reduced at all. Possible solutions:

- Split your application into two. Sheets 1-4 in App #1 would not require any data reduction, while Sheets 5-8 in App #2 would be implemented with data reduction

- build your data model in such a way that the data elements that are used in sheets 1-4, are associated with all employees, while the data elements that are used in sheets 5-8, are only associated with individual employees. This way, data reduction could only impact the data that's used in sheets 5-8.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

hcabrera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

You can use QVUser () or OSUser () functions to restrict access to each tab in sheet properties, display sheet, conditional ..

hope will be your help,

greetings,

Henry C.hojaprop.jpg

Gysbert_Wassenaar

section access in a way that all 4 users will be able to see all data of first 4 sheets. but the data should get reduced in other four sheets for example:

That's not possible. There is only one data model for the entire document. All objects on all sheets use the same data model. So it is not possible to reduce the date model only for some part of the document with section access. You will have to use set analysis expressions and make sure the user cannot create or modify objects.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunish_sultania
Contributor
Contributor

If licensing is not an issue then create 2 apps.

Otherwise,

I have a assumption that page 1-4 are summary and 5-8 are detail for the same.

Had a similar situation , so created a summary data model also and concatenate with main data model.

Ex: say you key is region i,e. east west north and south.

in the summary data model make region as nation.

Define section access for person 1 as nation and north, person 2 as nation and south and so on.

In sheet 1-4 use set analysis to display only "nation" region

and in sheet 5-8 use set analysis to display anything not belonging to region "nation".

email: sunish.sultania@gmail.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert, thanks for your response can you let me know how can I mention these things in set analysis.

coz as mentioned by oleg & henry I am having only one data model and the filters can be same in all the 8 sheets. so can you give me the possible way out how can I restrict the things with the help of section access and set analysis.

thank you

Not applicable
Author

thank you for your reply oleg . if you see any other solution regarding this than kindly let me know.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henry, acc. to my requirement all 4 users should be able to see data of 1-4 but for 5-8 they should be see their respective data. so will this work.