Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error 403 connecting to Desktop engine

I need to query information about a Qlik Sense app from a Java program, using the Engine API.

Though I will eventually use the enterprise edition, I'm trying to do my development on a Desktop version, to keep things simple. Turns out to be not so simple.   All attempts to connect to the engine on port 4848 get a consistent 403 error (Yes, the Desktop app is running.  When it is not, an expected connection failure occurs.)

Everything I could find by way of Google on this issue was not helpful.

The JSON structure to simply query the engine for a list of apps seemed simple enough in the API explorer.  My program creates the same JSON RPC request:

{
  "handle": -1,
  "method": "GetDocList",
  "params": [],
  "id": 6,
  "jsonrpc": "2.0"

}

which I send to the url http://localhost/4848/. (Since no app is involved in a request to get the list of apps, I didn't put anything in the path as the resource to be accessed.)

I get a solid 403 error.  Trying other variants, such as using 127.0.0.1:4848, gets the same error.

Since the api explorer works, it is not surprising that  the connection exists, according to netstat:

TCP    127.0.0.1:4848         <machinename>:65237       ESTABLISHED

and the firewall appears to be allowing qliksense.exe access.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Problem resolved itself with a new comm support library (tyrus).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Gene,

this is working fine. You have to open a WebSocket and Connection to the port 4848 and send you requests.

For paid Help you can ask rbecher he has already written all that in JAVA.

bye

Konrad

Not applicable
Author

Problem resolved itself with a new comm support library (tyrus).