cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mistakenly I opened other QVS file & my Qlikview is now corrupted

Hello All,

I have personal edition QV installed on my laptop, Trial version. Yesterday I opened QVS file (other source)  of my batch-mate on my Laptop and now I'm unable to open my QV projects. How to proceed now?? I have exam on coming Weekend. I haven't taken anny backup. I'm feeling lost.

13 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Pradnya,

-->First thing you have personal edition so ,you can't open others qvw's

-->Second if you want to prepare those qvws only then you can ask to any one who have license Desktop edition,use their laptop for temporary purpose

-->Take a backup of all qvws 's which you are developed and uninstall QV s/w in your laptop and again install software may be it solves your issue(Note:- I am not confident on 3rd point so u can do this after your exam completed)

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

may be try like this,

Try to uninstall QV again and also make sure that the folders are removed from Program Files. Then remove the registry entries under QlikTech folder. Then restart the system and check the registry again to make sure. And finally reinstall QV and tried to save and re-open the files.

Personal Edition FAQs

Read this above Document!

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
raman_rastogi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi ,

Did you uninstall and install it again ?

Does it work for you?

avinashelite

As per my knowledge you will be not able to open your files again either you need to purchase the liciense form Qlik or else mail those document to your friend who are having the liciense and open it in their machine .

or

check this

copied from: http://community.qlik.com/thread/82098

I have created a ticket and QlikTech has answered that for me as following:

The current issue was identified as bug. Here are alternate solutions to overcome the issue for now.

1. After creating qvw document, please select SAVE option, instead SAVE AS.

or

2. After saving a qvw document, using 'SAVE AS' selection, then rename the document and it opens without
issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rama Sai,

I tried opening docs after reinstalling but failed. Will have to make each and every doc again.

avinashelite

did you tried my suggestion ? if that also did not work then you have to rebuild the same.

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Prandnya,

Can you please try Avinash R suggestions may be that will help to you else

I will do  one help  to you

if you don't have any problem share to my mail id ramasaiqvw@gmail.com i will open your files and i will send the screen shots temporarily once your exam is over then you need to create all files one more time. 

avinashelite

Nice you could copy and share the script for him ..so that he can recreate the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @Avinash R,

I reinstalled my QV but I failed to open my old files. I did try SaveAs but its like the same thing, no use of it right now.