Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting server: "Allocated memory exceeded"

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with Nprinting server.

When I run the Nprinting report manually from the client side the pdf report in the output folder is created successfully. However, when I set a schedule for the report to be automatically generated by the Nprinting server, every chart is showing an "allocated memory exceeded" error. It was running successfully a couple of days ago.

Anyone have a clue what might be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Untitled.png

12 Replies
avinashelite

Strange!! Did you check whether your NPrinting server is up and running fine.

I would suggest to restart your NPrinting server once and run the task again .

Not applicable
Author

I've been trying a lot of things but nothing seems to work! The problem is also happening with different NPrintng files although all are connected to the same source (QVW). I also restarted the service but all in vain.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you try by creating New task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I think it something from the server side. In fact when I manually run the report from the Nprinting client it works fine. I have connected different .nsq (Nprinting files) with different .qvd sources to troubleshoot but I'm still having the same problem. I re-installed the nprinting service on the Qlikview server but still nothing. I am running out of ideas no .

Anyone have experienced this issue or have an idea what might be causing the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I too noticed the same error, when i schedule the job through server, but no issue with Designer version.

Any one has found solution for this?

My version is 16.2.0.0 (SR2)

Rgds,

Sudhakar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sudhakar,

Sorry I forgot to post my solution to this problem. I solved this problem by logging in the Qlikview Server, opening the QVW (the nprinting source) through the server, and reload the document from the server. I thing you can also reload the QVW directly from the QMC.

The problem, in my case, has something to do with licenses.

Regards,

Matthew

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Matthew!

I will try your solution.

Not applicable
Author

I had a similar issue. A combo chart was working for my colleague but when I opened it, It gave me "Allocated Memory Exceeded" error. I figured the problem was my QV version.

The problem got resolved after upgrading to the Latest Version of QV.  

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

It seems that another root cause could be Proxy related. When the network is slow it fails in displaying images. I have seen the proxy issue in our environment in 3 different scenarios. In my case, after chaning the proxy server address, the problem has vanished !!

Cheers,

Sudhakar