Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding URL-link in a Qlik Sense App

Hi All,

I have a requirement to add URL-link in a Qlik Sense App. I am aware to add it via a Text and Image object. But I want to add it in the areas 1 or area 2 circled with red in the App and publish it across all the apps in Qlik Sense.

Kindly suggest if it is possible to add the URL-link in the specified areas shown in the screenshot.

Selection Screenshot.jpg

Thanks,

Kshitij

20 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

Use this in your paint function in a extension to create a button.

function Title_button() {

var btn = document.createElement("Button");

btn.id = "Cbutton";

btn.

var t = document.createTextNode("Button");

btn.appendChild(t);

document.getElementById("sheet-title").appendChild(btn);

} 

Title_button();

Capture.PNG

Using css you can style this button and place it to the right corner using Float:Left property.

Hope this helps!

Thnaks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for your valuable response. I have attached my extension with this post. I am unable to place the button on the designated areas.

Could you please have a look into it and let me know the changes to be made (or if possible you can make the changes).

Thanks and Regards,

Kshitij

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Sure will have a look and let you know.

Thanks,

Sangram

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Here it is: Check the zipped file.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Worked absolutely fine for me. I had to open a new link in the button though and I have added some extra lines of code to it.

Thanks a lot Sangram for all your help. Really appreciate it.

Cheers!!!!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!

Not applicable
Author

Reddys310‌ Just a quick question. If the button being used can be moved to the extreme right hand side in the dashboard.

Also I need one more modification in the button. I want to add a menu in the button when we click it or when we place a mouse over it a drop down menu should be displayed.

I am attaching my files . can you please have a look and try to modify it. All the  items in the dropdown should be hyperlink.

Something like this is required now :

Dropdown_Image.png

Awaiting your favorable response.

Cheers!!!!

Kshitij

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

I think taking the button of is totally possible. But I would not recommend to do that as you will be curtailing the default Qlik functionality.

Yes your extension is totally possible. I have an extension built for an other thread in the community, check this extesnion, here you will be able to navigate through sheets by clicking on an image.

Thanks,

Sangram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

I have already gone through your last thread before posting my query again. The button that we developed needs to have a different functionality when the app is running live. When we click the button it should display a drop down list having a menu containing 3 items and all the items should be a hyperlink. Need your help in developing it.

The attachment is there in my previous post.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Kshitij

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

Sure will help!

Thanks,

Sangram.