Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Easily alternate between measures in a single graph?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a sales app, and I was wondering about the following:

At the moment, I have built two duplicate versions of most sheets in the app, the only difference being that the graphs in one sheet use a measure sum(Quantity) for an analysis of the quantity sold, while the same graphs in the duplicate sheet use the measure sum(Revenue) to show the sales revenue.

Is there any way to integrate this, for example by somehow loading both measures into the same graph, and allowing the user to easily select which measure to display and to switch back and forth? I think this would increase the user-friendliness of the app, and reduce the amount of sheets by 50%. Of course I know that you can change the measure by going into edit mode, but this can get a bit cumbersome if you need to change multiple graphs, and most of my colleagues are not very familliar with this mode.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In qlikview I would use an expression-group but I'm not sure if it in sense available. As alternativel you could create an additionally field with:

ExpressionType:

Load * Inline [

ExpressionType

Quantity

Revenue

];

and use selections in this field to switch the expression with something like this:

if(getfieldselections(ExpressionType) = 'Quantity', sum(Quantity), sum(Revenue))

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

In qlikview I would use an expression-group but I'm not sure if it in sense available. As alternativel you could create an additionally field with:

ExpressionType:

Load * Inline [

ExpressionType

Quantity

Revenue

];

and use selections in this field to switch the expression with something like this:

if(getfieldselections(ExpressionType) = 'Quantity', sum(Quantity), sum(Revenue))

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will "Combo Chart" work for you? You can show both quantity and revenue on the same graph, then use Primary and Secondary axis for each measure respectively because most likely the value ranges between the two measures differ significantly.

Cheers,

Muliady

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure about expression groups either, but your alternative suggestion also did the trick for me.

Thank you very much for the help!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion! I've played around with this, but I personally find combo charts with two axes to be a bit difficult to read in general, especially because the labels on the secondary axis often do not line up with the gridlines...