Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User defined function in Set Analysis

Dear all,

I try to combine the functionality of a user defined function in a Set Analysis;

- variable 'vFunction' defined as 'maxstring ({< SelectField = {$1} >} OutputField)' (-> no '=')

- Set analysis defined as 'avg( {< FilterField = ('$(vFunction(x) >} CalcField)'

However this does not work. I suspect the problem is that the variable is not yet calculated, and therefore the whole function is passed on as a string instead of the outcome of the user defined function. I did some trial and error with double quotes or an '='; however without any success.

Koen

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

You seem to be missing a parenthesis and a single quote and curly brackets. Is this a typo?

Avg( {< FilterField = {'$(vFunction(x))'}>} CalcField)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. This is a typo while making the function anonymous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 8 feb. 2016 om 14:29 heeft Sunny T <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com> het volgende geschreven:

User defined function in Set Analysis

reply from Sunny T in QlikView Layout & Visualizations - View the full discussion

You seem to be missing a parenthesis and a single quote. Is this a typo?

Avg( {< FilterField = ('$(vFunction(x))' >} CalcField)

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Qlik Community

Start a new discussion in QlikView Layout & Visualizations by email or at Qlik Community

Following User defined function in Set Analysis in these streams: Inbox

© 1993-2016 QlikTech International AB | Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

You can write that condition in set itself

Avg({<FilterField={ '$(=maxstring ({< SelectField = {$1} >} OutputField))'}>}CalcField)

Make sure the output of maxstring values are in sync with FilterField