Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 and embedding AjaxZfc within an IFRAME

We integrated QV10 AjaxZfc to our web application simply by creating a web page that contains an iframe, which links to AjaxZfc's opendoc.htm.

This works just fine if we deploy the AjaxZfc and the web app under the same IIS web site. However, if the AjaxZfc stuff and the web application are deployed on different servers or web sites, the trouble begins.

The QvAjax.js contains some statements that access window.parent.Qva. From browser's point of view, the window object and window.parent object originate from different domains, which means that browsers consider accessing the window.parent.Qva object as an attempt to do cross-site scripting and an exception gets thrown and nothing works. There is no try-catch block in the script.

FireFox 3.6.13 and IE9 are secure enough to catch this, but Safari 5 and IE8 load the report without any problems.

Is there some easy way to get around this without modifying the javascripts? Or should I do something completely different?

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jussi

We are just about to begin our integration project, and I luckily came past your post.

I thought this may be an issue, but luckily we have the option of deploying both under the same IIS site. Can you confirm that this does work correctly?

Another option we may look into is to implement a UFRAME as opposed to an IFrame. Herewith a link to the project

http://uframe.codeplex.com/

I hope this helps, and please update this post if you find a solution.

Thanks

Francois

Not applicable
Author

Hi Francois,

yes,it works fine if both are deployed under same IIS web site.

cheers,
Jussi

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We are experiencing the exact same problem. We noticed that this is occurring on QVS 10.0 SR1, but not on QVS 10.0 IR. When I compared the QV javascript library between IR and SR1, there are massive changes between them. I don't know yet whether this is the cause (javascript changes in SR1), but I am investigating it.

Have you found an acceptable resolution to this?

Thanks,
Gary

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary

If you are referring to the issue where you cannot host the Qlikview document in an iFrame, you basically only have one option due to actual browser restrictions (Cross Site Scripting). That solution is to host your integration web site and the Qlikview Web Server under the same IIS site. We have done that, and that has solved the issue with cross site scripting.

Regards

Francois

Not applicable
Author

There is another option. Submit a QlikView support email requesting a fix to the JavaScript library. Which I have done. The behavior didn't show up until service release 1, so it is more of a feature of the current AJAX library than it is a restriction of the browser. I will post the resolution of the support case here when they have resolved it.

Not applicable
Author

I have received a response back from QlikTech support regarding this issue. They have confirmed that this is a bug in the AJAX library that was shipped in SR1 and are working on a patch for it. They have not committed to a resolution date, or whether the fix will be in the next service release, but I assume that it will be.

Not applicable
Author

Moi,

This is a frequent problem that AJAX applications make cross-site requests. The usual solution is to deploy a web proxy in the server where the QV page is, proxy-ing the content of the other web server.

http://developer.yahoo.com/javascript/howto-proxy.html

There are plenty of proxy solutions for IIS, for Apache etc

-Alex