Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator

How do I make my list boxes nicer?

Hi there,

How do I make my list boxes appear like this by default:

Capture.JPG

Instead of this:

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Open your document in QV Desktop and check Settings->Document Properties->Presentation->Multi Box and List Box Default to set your value alignment preference. Defaults will be applied to new objects.

For the frame settings, check Settings->Document Properties->Layout or create a theme. A theme allows you to set preferences per object type. Themes can be applied to existing objects.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Disable the Rounded Corners option on the Layout tab of the Document Properties window and while there also change Color option in the Use Borders section.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, so I did that, but now I also want to get rid of the gradient look on the caption. In one post it said to change the glass visual style in settings to plain, but that doesn't change it...

Currently here:

Capture.JPG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Open your document in QV Desktop and check Settings->Document Properties->Presentation->Multi Box and List Box Default to set your value alignment preference. Defaults will be applied to new objects.

For the frame settings, check Settings->Document Properties->Layout or create a theme. A theme allows you to set preferences per object type. Themes can be applied to existing objects.

Not applicable

Open you document and go to Settings -> Document properties -> General.  In the lower right hand corner you will see styling mode, change that to simplified and change the sheet object style (right below styling mode) to Air

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the Caption settings, check whether the Active/Inactive caption color (aka Background color) consists of a single/two-color gradient. If so, change it to Solid Color. There is a default setting in Document Properties->Caption as well.

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

It's set to a single color.

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

Got it. I was making the change to user settings instead of doc settings.

Thanks all!