Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolett_yuri

QlikView 10 Error in Windows Log

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in my QlikView Server. From time to time the log windows is generating the following message:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Task scope does not include one or more of General, Reload, Reduce and Distribute
Parameter name: Task
at PIX.Descriptions.DocumentTaskSummary.MakeSummary (DocumentTask task, List `1 allTasks)
at PIX.Descriptions.GetSummary (DocumentTask task, List `1 allTasks)
at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.FixDocumentPathAndSetSummaryForTaskStatus (TaskStatus taskStatus, List `1 allTasks, IPrincipal UserPrincipal)

Does anyone know what might be?

I am using the QlikView Server 10 64bit.

21 Replies
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same problem. It seems that QlikView Management Service starts to generate these errors when I start QEMC. I will get one error message for each project listed on the Task tab. The service is generating these error messages in every 5 seconds so the Application log is full of them!

I upgraged from QVS 9 to 10SR1 yesteday and the problem began immediately.

Not applicable

Same problem here after upgrade from QV9 SR6 to QV10 SR1. I don't know if it's related with this, but Qlikview Web Server hangs twice in 2 days.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Task scope does not include one or more of General, Reload, Reduce and Distribute

Parameter name: task

at PIX.Descriptions.DocumentTaskSummary.MakeSummary(DocumentTask task, List`1 allTasks)
at PIX.Descriptions.GetSummary(DocumentTask task, List`1 allTasks)
at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.FixDocumentPathAndSetSummaryForTaskStatus(TaskStatus taskStatus, List`1 allTasks, IPrincipal userPrincipal)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also experiencing the same issue with a customer. This is occurring when attempting to start the QlikView Management Service. If I don't see anything else on this thread in a day I will have to take it to support. Let's all reply back here if an answer is found either way.

Not applicable

Here's one more with the same problem. However, when I applied the Publisher license, the problem disappeared. I still don't know the reason of the problem though and I hope that someone can shed some light on this.

Not applicable

We have the same problem here.

Did someone open a case at QT to see if they have any answer about it ?

Thanks

Philippe

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Everyone,

This is a known bug at the moment (the ID is 35453), which is currently being worked with by Engineering.

It's actually possible to turn off the logging for the management service in the QEMC: System > Setup > Management Service > General.

This will stop the messages from being written to the log and is an optional workaround aside from manually deleting the log files.

/Sonja

QlikTech Support

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
nicolett_yuri
Author

Which log file is affected by this break? All?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Yuri,

Only the Management Service log file is affected.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Not applicable

Hi,

we had the same problem.

After some search it was the wrong definition of the section access.

Our solution: include the qlikview-user (process owner) in the section access and it worked (and the messages where gone).

hth 🙂