Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

How can I add Active Directory information to GovDB 2.0?

All,

You can add active directory information to the Governance Dashboard 2.0 by including a variation of the attached instructions to a "PostScript" text file and pointing to it on the configuration page of the Governance Dashboard.

As always, I am interested in seeing how you implement such 'customizations' - both from the data side to the front-end UI side.

Thanks!

Tyler

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea. I'll give it as shot. Thanks Tyler.

Cheers,

Anton

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Tyler,

I am trying to append a simple code to the Governance Dashboard on the configuration screen.  I keep getting the following error...

2016-02-09 12:42:01:              Invalid Post Script configuration
2016-02-09 12:42:01:               Could not find Post Script file: ActiveDirectory:
2016-02-09 12:42:01:               LOAD User as [AuthenticatedUser],
2016-02-09 12:42:01:                    [User Name] as [Authenticated User Name]
2016-02-09 12:42:01:               FROM (qvd)

2016-02-09 12:42:01:               Error: Error in hidden script. For details, open hidden script before reload.

This QVD definitely exists.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Dan - thanks for posting.

Can you confirm that the QVD is accessible from the location you are reloading the app?

The easiest way is to go where you are reloading the Governance Dashboard - log in as the user account that will do the reload (if reloading from Publisher/QMC - the service account for QDS) - and paste the file path into a file browser.

And actually, as I look at the log, I wonder if you put a filename in the input box on the cofig page, or did you paste the load script there?

You should put the path to a .txt (or qvs) where you have your Active Directory script.

For example, I have some script stored in a text file called "myScript.txt" which is saved in the same folder as the Governance Dashboard.qvw - I would type in myScript.txt in the Append Custom Postscript? input box

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Originally, I had the load script in the input box. Your suggestion of creating a text file and pointing to the file location worked. This wasn’t very clear on how to append your own script.

Thanks,

Dan

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, I see your point. The wording in the tool tip for PostScript does not describe how to use it.

I updated the tool tip, however it missed the window for the 2.0 release.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Perfect!  Great tool!!

Thanks again