Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why use Java, Ajax or Plugin? report format.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Is there any documentation that gives information as to why you would choose each one of these report formats? i.e. lists the relevant benefits of each.

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

See the "Clients" section of the Qlikview Server Ref Guide.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

many thanks but where do I find this doc? I have searched the resource library in the Partner Portal but no joy. cheers Mandy

Not applicable
Author

Pls find the below answers provided in qlikview manual:

QlikView Client

Description

Java Client

Full image client utilizing Java in web browser or standalone Java. No installation or client side licensing required.

Java Objects Client

Object only client utilizing Sun Java in web browser. Requires web page design or QlikView Client Generator. No installation or client side licensing required.

Windows Installed Client

Full image desktop installed QlikView Desktop. Installation and client licensing required.

Analyzer for Internet

Explorer

Full image ActiveX plug in for Internet Explorer web browser. Installation required. No client side licensing required.

QlikX Analyzer for Internet

Explorer

Object only ActiveX plug in for Internet Explorer web browser. Requires web page design or QlikView Client Generator. Installation required. No client side licensing required.

AJAX Zero-Footprint Client

(ZFC)

Object only Dynamic HTML client utilizing AJAX architecture in web browser. Web page is automatically generated by QlikView Server. No installation or client side licensing required.

Mobile Client for iPhone

One object-at-a-time view of full QlikView document. Download and install App through App Store. No client side licensing required.

Mobile Client for Black-

Berry and Other

Full image client is based on Java Mobile Edition (Java ME) and will run on most mobile phones that support MIDP 2.0. Download and install App on device. No client side licensing required.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please note that Java is no longer an option in Version 10.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mandyc wrote:many thanks but where do I find this doc?

When you install Qlikview Server, the QVS Ref Guide will be installed in the Documentation directory. Without installing Server, you can download the Ref Guide from the Support, Downloads section of this website.

-Rob