Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing from server object pane

Hi,

We are using QV10 and IE plugin as the client. Users are allowed to develope their own objects and bookmarks and then share them. The probloem now is that once they create an object they can no longer remove it from the server object pane (collaboration).

Overtime they end up with a number of objects that they don't need and they have to scroll through them to find the ones that they do need. When I right click on the object inside server object pane I get the "remove" option in the menu but clicking it only removes the object from the sheet and not from the pane. Is this a bug in QV10 or am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hmm that's strange. But you can probably remove the objects by Selecting the drop-down icon on the IE Plugin toolbar --> Server Objects --> Remove. I'm not sure, but I think you have to unshare that object first.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hmm that's strange. But you can probably remove the objects by Selecting the drop-down icon on the IE Plugin toolbar --> Server Objects --> Remove. I'm not sure, but I think you have to unshare that object first.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested. The objects I want to remove are not shared. I go to IE Plugin Tollbar--> server objects and then I select the ones I want to remove and then I remove them. They get removed from the dialog box but if I close and then reopen it I see the same ones back on the list again. I'm not sure what is going on.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Aha! It's a bug in the initial release of 10 that was fixed with SR1 (bug ID# 29743).

Not applicable
Author

Oh thanks. I guess we need to upgrade!

Not applicable
Author

So we upgraded to QlikView 10 SR1 and we are still facing the same problem. It does say in the release notes that it is fixed but it's not at least on ours. The objects do get removed from the sheet but they don't get removed from the server object pane itself. Anybody else is facing this same problem?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we are having the same problem: can't remove the objects that I've created on the shared tab. They reappear every time.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, as a temporary measure you can always take ownership of the objects via the QEMC and remove them there. But if SR1 did not fix a bug that it was supposed to, that is definitely an issue that should be reported to support (support@qlik.com).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Strangely, after a week past our upgrade to SR1, we are now able to remove objects from the server object pane. I don't know what would cause a delay like this but it's now working (well, at least for the few users that have tried).

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Are these new objects that you are now able to remove, or old ones? Maybe the fix only applies to objects created after the SR1 upgrade...