Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Repository Service Doesn't Start After Qlik Sense Server Installation

Hi All,

I installed Qlik Sense Server 2.1.1 on the platform with below configurations.

64 bit Operating System with 16 GB RAM.

Qlik Sense installation completes successfully, however summary says it can't start the services. Below is the screenshot and attached is the log file.

Installation Summary.jpg

There is no other programs installed on the machine. Below is the screenshot for the same as well.(Just if I missed any required program).

Installed Programs.jpg

Firewall is disabled and no other antivirus is there except Microsoft Security Essentials (which is disabled too), so there is no issue of ports.

Even if I restart services, Qlik Sense Repository Service is not being started and at the end it says below :

Service Error.jpg

I have even increased time out to service start to 5 mins. Since Qlik Sense Repository Service is not being started, all other dependant services are also not being started and hence I can't access Qlik Management Console.

I uninstalled and installed so many times. Checked the user with which I'm installing is part of Administrators group and service account too which is used to start services is part of Administrators group. Also, since Qlik Sense Schedular Service, I can start successfully, service account should not be the problem.

There is a similar thread and open question is already there on community but that too is unfortunately still open. :

Need Help ! services are not started even after successful qliksense installation

Can anyone please help me to understand what's causing the issue and resolve it ?

5 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Possible causes:

1. Service account credentials no good.  You said you ruled that out because some of the services are starting.  Could be bad password, could be account disabled, could be local security policies, etc.  Try reinstalling with a local service account or localsystem and see if that works.

2. Service account is not part of local administrators group.  That needs to be the case whether it's a local or domain service account.

3. Invalid certificates cause the services to not be able to communicate with each other.  Do a complete uninstall including removing certificates and reinstall.  Delete all Qlik folders and file, make sure certificates are removed.

4. Host name changed after original install.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gary,

Many thanks for you valuable solutions. However, I had already tried them all and those didn't help.

1. Service account credentials no good.  You said you ruled that out because some of the services are starting.  Could be bad password, could be account disabled, could be local security policies, etc.  Try reinstalling with a local service account or localsystem and see if that works.

- Service account credentials were fine. I had already rechecked. It was local administrative account and there wasn't any issue with that. I then created a new, installed again but didn't work.

2. Service account is not part of local administrators group.  That needs to be the case whether it's a local or domain service account.

- It was a part of Local Administrators Group

3. Invalid certificates cause the services to not be able to communicate with each other.  Do a complete uninstall including removing certificates and reinstall.  Delete all Qlik folders and file, make sure certificates are removed.

- Did it. Din't help.

4. Host name changed after original install.

- Wasn't changed.

Log says something else. Anyways, I have completely reconfigured the machine and will try now to check if it works. I'll update the post.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All,

Earlier computer was in a domain named xxxx.local.

When I removed computer from domain and changed it to Workgroup (i.e. WORKGROUP be the name of the workgroup), everything started working totally fine.

Could it be due to computer name having dots (.) ? Since earlier computer name used to be xxxx.local.<CompName> and now its just <CompName>.

This is a temporary solution though, but good to go somewhere then going no where.

Regards,

Hardik

image242
Creator
Creator

Hi All,

I had the same issue and installing .NET 4.6.1 resolved all the issues with the services not starting.

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason.

It was resolved with the latest versions as we too had upgraded our .NET installation.