cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenmclean
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rename Qlikview Document in Access Point

I created a copy of the original qvw and completely optimized and called it NEW Vehicle History, assigned the permissions and ran it for a week for the end users to test.

Now I want to rename the qvw to Vehicle History. My question is, if I just rename the file in UserDocuments will it retain the permissions it currently has?

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

renamed qvw file will retain permissions, but make backup of the file before renaming, just in case.

regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, it will keep the file permissions. However, you will need to also rename the .meta and .share files that go along with this QVW.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an old post, but since some information is missing I thought that I should add a comment.

Renaming the document (and meta & share) does not move the DocCALs. So you might end up with DocCals pointing to a document that no longer exists on the server...

Better to remove all DocCALs before renaming the document, and then add them back to the new document.

Here is a page that goes through how to get those lost DocCals back (Guess an easier way is to change the name of the document again and then remove all docCALs).

QlikView: Releasing Lost Doc Cals - The QGate Knowledgebase