Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II

QV10 SR1 stable enough to upgrade to?

Could the user group please give me some feedback on their experince in upgrading to QV10 SR1.

Is QV stable enough to upgrade to or is it best to wait for for the next SR?

Thanks

Alan

12 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think so.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi!

If you use Input Fields in your apps, you will have some issues. There is a bug reported to QlikTech (32788) regarding this. Here is the case description:

• Case Description (Issue #1):
    • We are defining one InputField. When we do the reload for the first time, defining the Input Filed, it works fine. Then, we reload again and it fails at the end of the script and not showing any specific error, just "Execution of Script Failed. Reload old data?"
    • If we comment out the Input Field Definition and reload again, it works. Then uncommenting it again, it works. And it is a pattern.. if I reload at this point with no changes, it fails again.
  • Case Description (Issue #2):
    • The other issue is, when the user starts changing the inuput field values, apart from it being too slow to process a one-cell change (about 5 - 6 seconds), and then tries to enter the app again, it won't let him, showing the message of "Document could not be opened for unknown reasons". It does not open neither with the IE Plugin nor with the AJAX ZFC. Other users can open the document without any problem. Any other qvw can be accessed with out issues by this user.
    • If the corresponding .SHARED files are deleted, the user can access the document again.

I'm hoping it will be resolved in SR2

If Input Fields is not a requirement for you, I would say it is ok to upgrade.

Regards,

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I beleive Input Fields have been an issue form day one. I never use them.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had some issues.

1.) Container Object: This is a great feature, but when Zooming your screen, it actually doubles the effect of the objects inside your container, resulting in loss of scroll bars and edge info as you zoom in and smaller footprint of the objects (not filling container completely) when zooming out.

2.) Removing Line Breaks: If you are loading data with line breaks (like product specifications as an example), it looks great in designer but the line breaks disappear in AJAX.

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

bbt wrote:I beleive Input Fields have been an issue form day one. I never use them.

That is not entirely correct. We have now moved to V9 SR6 and input fields work as they are expected to.

It is a bit adventurous to say that something has never worked well, even more when you "never use it", because that might be misleading to newcomers, or people that are evaluating if Input Fields are a good choice to fulfill their requirements.

Regards,

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
suniljain
Master
Master

still QV 10 SR1 have issue you can see in forum also. some user alredy post the bugs they found in QV 10 SR1.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then count yourself lucky that you have not had any problems. The statement that I never use them is to mean that because of the past issues I don't use them anymore in my design.

suniljain
Master
Master

one of my client migrate to QV 10 SR1 and because of bugs he again migrate back to QV 9.

Not applicable

Hello master of QV.

I found two problems on the QV10.

The first one is the ImputField, this issue had been discussed here.

The second one is: I have a big expression on the straight table that contain some agregations and some hierarchy dimension, The problem is i cant to try to change something onto the expression, like has a mirror on the front my developer.

Good lucky